COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
CB Has AACSB Accreditation Held By Only 2% of Business Schools Worldwide
WSU College of Business is among two percent of business schools worldwide to achieve accreditation at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
, the most respected business program accrediting entity. The WSU accounting program is one of only 176 programs worldwide with separate AACSB accounting accreditation.
CB is ranked #1 Best Online Graduate Business Programs 2013
by U.S. News & World Report.
The evaluation includes the online MBA and Executive MBA programs.
Hospitality Program Ranked 8th Nationally Among Hospitality Programs
Founded in 1932, WSU's hospitality program is the third oldest in the nation, and is consistently rated in the top five percent of similar programs around the country (www.thebestschools.org
Hospitality Program Research Productivity Ranked 9th in World
Outstanding International Business Program
The nationally recognized International Business Institute
sponsors faculty-led global learning programs in China, Switzerland, Thailand, Italy, Greece, Spain, and Tanzania. The International Business Program for undergraduates ranks 20th in the nation
(US News & World Report, 2013).
- The WSU entrepreneurship program has been ranked in the top 25 nationally by Entrepreneur magazine and the Princeton Review.
- During the Annual Business Plan Competition student teams from three continents vie for $150,000 in awards. But the impact of the competition far outlasts the awards ceremony. Many contestants turn their plans into reality by launching their new ventures.
Information Systems Faculty Ranked
Information systems faculty were ranked #11
, and #26
in the Top 100 Rankings of Researchers (2009-2011) worldwide by the Senior Scholars Basket of Journals.
The College of Business Department of Information Systems ranked #13
in the Top 100 Rankings of Schools
(2009-2011) worldwide by the Senior Scholars Basket of Journals.
Washington State University Earns Place on National Honor Roll for Community Service
Washington State University was named to the 2013 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. This designation is the highest honor a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning, and civic engagement. More information on the Honor Roll can be found at http://nationalservice.gov.
U.S. News and World Report
WSU consistently ranks among the nation's top 60 public research universities (“Best Colleges 2010”).
The Wall Street Journal named Washington State University one of the nation's 25 best schools to hire from based on where corporate recruiters are finding the best-prepared college grads.
Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- One of the nation’s top public research institutions, WSU stands among 96 U.S. public and private universities with very high research activity, according to the Carnegie Foundation classification.
- WSU is among 119 national universities and colleges assigned the Community Engagement Classification for both curricular engagement and outreach and partnerships with larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the exchange of knowledge and resources by the Carnegie Foundation.
Award-winning Online Degree Program
stands among the nation’s top four online degree programs according to the 2012 Smart Choice rankings by SuperScholar
which cites the University's outstanding academic reputation.
U.S. News & World Report
ranks the University's online bachelor’s degree programs in the nation's top six for student services and technology.
WSU Online ranks among the nation's top six distance learning programs for its military-friendliness, according to the 2012 Guide to Online Schools
. Veteran-friendly Environment
For two consecutive years, WSU has ranked among the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the nation that are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students, according to the magazine G.I. Jobs
- WSU was recognized as one of the nation’s most environmentally-friendly schools for its commitment to sustainability by “The Princeton Review’s Guide to 286 Green Colleges.
- Washington State University is ranked 10th among national universities by a prominent sustainability website for its developments in clean technology.
- WSU Pullman has the safest campus among the six public universities and colleges in the state of Washington, a report from StateUniversity.com shows.